Free Furniture Pickup
It may have never occurred to you that, as of this moment, there are countless people who have taken part in transactions involving free furniture pickup. Even then, simply thinking of this is not enough if you do not consider the thought. What is it about it that brings people to take part in it? As you may know, many people around the world have been fortunate enough to receive goods from donations made by other people. These people are not an ordinary specimen of person—they are your brethren who have not been fortunate enough in their lives and have been waiting for the assistance of someone like you. It has been known by most socio-civic groups and organizations that the poverty rate anywhere in the world continually increases daily. This never quite made sense with the world steadily progressing technologically, yet there are still people who seem to be layback economically—and most of this is located in the more developed areas of the world.
What about it
You may have heard talk of free furniture pickup for donation and may not have understood what it could have been used to benefit in the first place. There are already many people who are donating their furniture these days, and it could potentially be a challenge for these donors to ship this furniture on their own. This is why most organizations offer to pick up their furniture donations for you. On the other hand, the majority of donors often choose an organization that offers free pickup services so they will not be hassles in the process of donating. With this in mind since most organizations like receiving donations for their recipients, they readily offer such services to their generous donors, The following non-profit organizations are known to offer free pickup services:
- Salvation Army – This organization has operated for decades with the ultimate goal of helping those in need for food, clothing, furniture, homes and other basic commodities due to poverty and unexpected calamities. Recently, hurricane Sandy struck, resulting in tragedy and many lives being uprooted in most of the coastal areas of New York and New Jersey. The Salvation Army has been busy helping people in these areas who have lost their homes and left them with nothing. This help has not only been offered within the US, as the Salvation Army has several posts anywhere in the world to extended their charitable mission to all the less fortunate. With this, since they have many beneficiaries, they are willing to accept as much donated goods and furniture as they can for these people in need. This is why they readily offer pickup services. They in turn issue receipts of the donation made to give something back to the donors that will benefit them.
- Goodwill — another non-profit organization offering free furniture pickup donation is Goodwill. This is a charitable organization that has also become a worldwide presence by offering good deeds to those in need. They have their own transportation and offer free pickups for anyone willing to donate their old furniture. However, they never accept furniture or any goods that they think will be useless to other people, such as furniture that they view as junk. They will not accept it, even it they are already outside your home ready to pick it up. Their purpose in doing this is because people who are in need of furniture badly will have no use for a donor’s old junk.
- Others — You can easily make your decision of whom you are going to donate your furniture to. Yuu can simply log in to donationtown.org in the web and you will be presented with a variety of charitable institutions online in which you will be able to choose from. Like everyone else, you too are probably considering donating things such as furniture that you will want to be picked up from your home so you will not be hassled. Therefore, whenever you are in the position to donate and still find yourself unfamiliar with how you will do it, you can search over the net for more information and the above stated site could eventually assist you in choosing the charitable organization that is the best fit for you.
The process of donating furniture
Unlike other goods such as food, clothing and other handy donate-able things, furniture could really pose a problem for the donor. First and foremost is the hauling procedure from the existing place in the house and down the driveway is not a simple task, particularly for someone living alone. Therefore, when you happen to donate and you have nobody around to assist you in lifting the furniture you wish to donate, it is best that you look for an organization that offers free pickup. There are a number of charitable institutions that do this and accepts furniture. You can donate furniture pick up free services from the list of charitable organizations that offer this scheme and could be helped by their men in hauling your heavy furniture form your house to their transportation van. The following are some tips on how the donating procedure works:
- Choose the charitable institution who could help you carry heavy furniture from upstairs down to the driveway for easy pickup. You will need to inquire about their specific schedule and figure out precisely when they can get your furniture so you can have it prepared. You should be sure to ask if they will issue a receipt of donation or any certificate that you can get in exchange for your generous donation.
- Make sure that you already have done some repairing of your old furniture. For example, if you see that your cabinet or your table is a bit dusty or dirty, polishing or repairing it could be an easy way to transform your furniture into something useful. If there are some loose screws or nails, be sure to tuck them in place with a hammer.
- As soon as the free pickup service has arrived, be sure that you have not missed any of the previous steps in the process. Most importantly, if you are a businessman or a working person, donation receipts could be of great help to you. So, before the pickup service is on their way, make sure to receive your donation receipt.